In today’s post, we’re covering who actually works with you on your loan file. This will vary from company to company and from originator to originator. At Movement and with Team Springer, this is how we work with you on your loan file during the process, so that way you always know who’s touching your file.
The first person who you work with is obviously going to be me, I’m your Loan Officer and I help guide you through the process of picking your loan product, your interest rate, your down payment, the structuring of your loan, and other aspects. I’ll go over the process with you from start to finish so you’re comfortable on how everything works and what is expected from you.
The next person who steps into the picture with me is Jill and she’s an Administrative Assistant here at the Vancouver office with me. Jill’s role is to:
- Support you, the consumer, with your loan file.
- Help you with making sure your documents are accurate and correct.
- Order all the supporting documentation from verifications and title work appraisal and everything like that.
- Work with Theresa on the file to get it to underwriting.
Once your loan file goes through underwriting, Brenda, who is my rock star Processor and has been in the business a long time, jumps into the picture. Brenda’s role is to:
- Takes the file from underwriting to funding and closing. What that means is once the underwriter’s reviewed your file, they may add some conditions, or they may have some clarifications. Brenda takes that input from underwriting and contacts you to get the information and answers back to them.
- When we’re clear to close, she works with the closing department to make sure the loan documents are issued, the closing disclosure has already been signed and we’re ready to go.
Because we actually use Easy Sign, you sign the vast majority of your loan documents in your closing package online and you are pretty much signing just a little teeny tiny stack at actual closing. Everything goes much more quickly.
So that’s the team and our process here at Movement, and I hope you look forward to working with them because I have some great support staff and Brenda and Jill are amazing. Not every loan company has teams like this to support their Loan Officers. Other loan officers and mortgage companies work very differently and may not want the contact directly with you, the consumer. I prefer it because I like to be involved throughout the process.
If you have questions, let me know.